NMU Educational Partners A Service By NMU

Getting Started

Welcome to Educational access network purchase portal for Educational Partners. Users who are affiliated with a University, Community College, or School that is a Educational Partner are able to get access to the EAN using their school issued email address or ID number. To get started, please log in with your EAN account or create one.

Login with your EAN account

Please use the button below to login with your Educational Access Network account.

Login with your Educational Access Network account

Create an EAN Account

Need an account? No problem! Click the button below to create your EAN account.

Create a new Educational Access Network User ID

Common Questions and Answers

Any affiliate of the 15 public universities in the state of Michigan, community colleges and private universities in the Upper Peninsula, and several school districts all participate in the Educational Partners Program. A list of our current Educational Partners is listed below, if your school is not on the list, please contact us to let us know.

Current Educational Partners

Active Duty Military

Adams Township School District

Bark River-Harris Schools

Bay College

Bay Mills Community College

Bessemer Area Schools

Bishop Baraga Catholic School

Breitung Township Schools

Carney-Nadeau Public Schools

Central Michigan University

CLK Public Schools

Dickinson-Iron Intermediate School District

Dollar Bay-Tamarack City Area Schools

Eastern Michigan University

Engadine Consolidated Schools

Escanaba Area Public Schools

Ewen-Trout Creek School District

Father Marquette Catholic Academy

Ferris State University

Forest Park Schools

Gladstone Area Public Schools

Gogebic Community College

Grand Valley State University

Gwinn Area Community Schools

Hancock Public Schools

Hannahville Indian School/Nah Tah Wahsh PSA

Holy Name Catholic School

Home School

Houghton-Portage Township Schools

Iron Mountain Public Schools

Ironwood Area Schools

Ishpeming Public Schools

Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College

L'Anse Area Schools

Lake Linden-Hubbell Public Schools

Lake Superior State University

Manistique Area Schools

Marquette Area Public Schools

Marquette-Alger Regional Educational Service Agency

Menominee Area Public Schools

Michigan State University

Michigan Technological University

Mid Peninsula School

Negaunee Public Schools

NICE Community Schools

NMU Alumni

North Central Area Schools

North Dickinson County School

North Star Academy

Norway Vulcan Area Schools

Oakland University

Ontonagon Area School District

Pellston Public Schools

Powell Township School

Republic-Michigamme Schools

Saginaw Valley State University

Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy

St. Ignace Area Schools

Stephenson Area Public Schools

Superior Central School District

University of Michigan

University of Michigan - Dearborn

University of Michigan - Flint

Veteran Rate

Watersmeet Township School District

Wayne State University

West Branch - Rose City Area Schools

West Iron County Public Schools

Western Michigan University

Signing up is easy. You will start by creating an EAN account and then (using that account) select your EAN equipment and options. Once your order has been placed and monthly billing has been setup, your equipment will be available for you to pick up or shipped to your service address. Individuals without access to the internet or a computer may sign-up using a computer at any public library, at their school, or by coming in to the EAN office. We are located at 504 Cohodas Hall on the campus of Northern Michigan University.
The educational partnership allows the subscriber to gain access to the EAN at a reduced monthly fee. The monthly fee is dependant on the type of partner you are. K-12 partners can access for as low at $19.95 per month, alumni and veterans can access for as low as $24.95 per month. The service may be cancelled at any time but the equipment lease fee ($60 per year paid annually) can not be refunded after 30 days. Users in more remote areas may purchase indoor or outdoor LTE devices that provide a strong signal and better service. Users will be advised which device best suits their location when signing up for the service.
No, the EAN does not enforce data caps or slow your service down after a certain amount of data is reached.
No, the EAN is month-to-month. You can cancel at any time without penalty. If you purchase or lease equipment, you will need to cancel your service within the first 30 days to get a full refund for the equipment.
EAN registered users can select LTE equipment that allows you to connect to the EAN network. Some LTE equipment, like the hotspot or indoor unit come with a built-in wireless router allowing standard wireless devices to connect to it and access the network. The outdoor unit requires a separate router to provide wireless service within the home.
Internet service supplied on the EAN for K-12 students is filtered in compliance with the FCC's CIPA (Child Internet Protection Act) requirements.
Yes, the educational partnership for the EAN requires a yearly renewal so you will need to provide proof that you are still a student.